Tuesday 30 August 2011

'Or_fun_age'

Today we have had great fun at the orphanage. Some of the children from here
attend Nanyuki Prep school. I held a make-up session with the girls. We made up games, relay races and frisbee.


At the end of the afternoon Rose turned up with a large holdall containing the football shirts and shorts we have gathered and brought over from the UK. Every child at the orphanage received a shirt - 61 in total. The shorts came in useful for the girls who require these for school.

I gave a pair of football boots to John - the orphanage's star player, whom I had promised I would bring a pair 12 months ago when I was last here. John was delighted and kept saying 'thank you' and 'asante sana'.

I was very touched and tearful when the children were prompted to give some speeches. They thanked me for 'everything' I have done for them and for coming back to them (as promised!). Kevin prompted me to say a few words in return....
I said 'Karibu', for it is my pleasure to do such things....

No comments:

Post a Comment