Thursday 4 August 2011

Preparing to return to Kenya

I will soon be setting off to Kenya once again.  This time with my other half, Kevin.  We will be staying with (Mama) Rose (who put me up or put up with me last year!) and her family.  We have shared many emails throughout the year and are very excited to be meeting up again. 

After much fund-raising (including an auction and fete) we have more money than last year to take with us - so thankyou everyone who were involved in these activities and those who were kind in their donations.


Rose is determined to meet us at the airport and has informed me that we will stay at a b&b on the 'highway to Nanyuki'.  She will stay at her daughters' hostel nearby.  The following day we will travel the 200km to Nanyuki.

She also tells me that there are now 61 children at the orphange (ranging from 4 to 19 years).  We will also meet children from her school (ages 3 to 14 years) - who need to stay at school to be fed as there is no food at their homes.  I will find out more when I am there.



For more details on Nanyuki click on the link below:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanyuki

No comments:

Post a Comment